London Fashion Week AW2015

March 16, 2015

Paris is all about chic, Milan about elegance and New York can be characterised with its luxurious diversity. London, however, is all about its unique and a bit extravagant ideas interpreted by the famous names in the industry as well as the new upcoming designers. People come to be inspired and get this creative energy in London! Take a look at the trends caught my attention at LFW 2015!

Orange is definitely the new colour for Autumn/Winter 2015. Everybody talks about this new extravagant colour that will invade our wardrobes. Burnt orange emerges on catwalk shows for autumn winter and in particular at the shows of Christopher Raeburn and Christopher Kane.

The Rich Chocolate Browns. The brown colour is an on-going trend, however, this time we see it on the catwalks in darker shades. The rich brown tones enhance the modern sophisticated appearance of the garment whether it is leather, velvet, or suede.

Less is more – the updated minimalistic look. The Minimalistic silhouettes are emerging with an accent to the minimal dress with simple shapes and soft materials. The minimalistic movement definitely became an inspiration for a lot of designers. J. JS Lee show that I attended was all about minimal sophisticated looks supported by the comfortable and elegant feel of the materials.

Denim is one of the key elements showcased on the catwalks of Marques Almeida, Ashish, Faustine Steinmetz, Christopher Raeburn at London Fashion Week. The development of the denim was also spotted at New York and Milan fashion weeks. Moschino showed beautiful patchwork denim pieces and Au Jour Le Jour demonstrated embellished and decorated denim. Chloé showed a retro silhouette with matching denim top and bottom. I am curious how this revolution of denim will continue next season..

The Wide Leg Flare Trousers emerged form a street style trend to the catwalks for this AW15 season. The super-sized 1970s silhouette is returning as a top trend and is seen on the shows of Mother of Pearl, 1205 and Holly Fulton.

Greyed Off Pastels were the warm and luxurious looking shades on the catwalks. With the combination of good materials, these pale shades evoke a luxurious elegance. One of my favourite trends is still going to be top next season!

London Fashion Week shows are a mixture of creative ideas and inspirational movements. I definitely got my creative energy and I am looking forward to be back next season!

• M March 17, 2015 at 12:20 am

Great show, wish I was there!

besos,
    M
    The Flower Duet

• Simone Mars March 17, 2015 at 12:48 am

great!!!!!
    Xx
    S.

• Tomtins Christin March 17, 2015 at 1:03 am

Great post!
    that orange looks great!

Tom and Tins Blog

• Ivanasworld March 17, 2015 at 6:48 am

Great pictures 🙂

• Jonathan Zegbe March 17, 2015 at 8:05 am

looove looooove looooove the pictures & the new trends … nice to know

I got a surprise on Le Blog: ' SWEET GESTURES TO JOYA …" // check it out

Greets Jon

• Pooja Mittal March 17, 2015 at 8:49 am

what a nice show
    Keep in touch

• sanam arzoo March 17, 2015 at 10:06 am

I really love reading and following your post as I find them extremely informative and interesting. This post is equally informative as well as interesting . Thank you for information you been putting on making your site such an interesting. Fashion Beauty Tips

• Paola Villa Barrena March 17, 2015 at 10:01 pm

Es todo precioso!

• nancy john April 9, 2015 at 4:58 am

If being fashionable has never been your forte in past times, you may well be feeling a little bit daunted at the notion of going clothes shopping. The secret to success this is to continually seek some help.

Safety Footwear fashion