Vogue Festival 2014

April 3, 2014

Last weekend I had another unforgettable experience at the Vogue Festival 2014 that was held at Southbank Centre in London! Vogue Festival 2014 is a two day fashion event organised by Vogue in collaboration with Harrods. It consists of fashion talks by famous people from the industry and other fashion related activities like makeup cover photoshoots and catwalks. This event aims not only to inspire you and give you life examples and advices from famous celebrities from the fashion world, but also to bring you closely to the real fashion world behind the curtains. You can participate in a real catwalk show or you can choose to participate in a Vogue Cover Photo Shoot. You can have make up by Burberry makeup artists or you can drink your coffee at the Harrods Cafe!
I had the chance to attend the talk by Alexa Chung, Lucinda Chambers and Amanda Harlech that discussed the definition of style, what is our personal style and how to achieve it. I can say that everything they said was absolutely correct and inspired me even more! One of my favourite sayings by Lucinda was “Style is self-expression, but you have to have a self to express.” Another moment that absolutely captured my attention was when the style icons discussed that style is the opposite of fashion. Amanda Harlech concluded that style is anti-fashion and it is not about following trends. I also believe that style evolves with the years and you are not born with your style you have to learn to develop it and what is more, it changes throughout the years. As you grow you become more and more certain and confident with what your style exactly is.
I will conclude with one of the most important statements that Lucinda mentioned “Other than a smile, what you’re wearing is the first thing people notice.”

• Letícia Santos April 3, 2014 at 4:17 pm

a beautiful picture 🙂

• PinkPanthress April 3, 2014 at 4:38 pm

I like Lucinda's statement… the smile & outfit are important.
    Btw, love your Dress! 🙂

• Meraj @ThesunshineGirl April 3, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Nice pics! U look very pretty! 🙂

• Melane Magdalena April 3, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Oh my, you saw Alexa Chung! That is so cool. You looked absolutely gorgeous by the way!

Melane | Oh Sweet Remedy

• Rinako グレー April 3, 2014 at 7:05 pm

You look great! I love your hairstyle so much! <3

❤ ✿ VISIT MY BLOG ✿ ❤

• Beauty dream April 3, 2014 at 7:24 pm

so beautiful 🙂
    Blog | Youtube | FB

• Jenny Scott Russell April 3, 2014 at 7:52 pm

This so cool, glad you had fun! x
    Freya's Fashion Chapter

• Irena D world April 3, 2014 at 10:02 pm

wow loooks like such a great event !!! love yout dress !

• street art _life style_ fashion and co. April 3, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Great pictures 🙂

• Fashion Lights April 3, 2014 at 11:37 pm

such a great post! :)))

Of course we can follow each other, I followed you via GFC and bloglovin, hope you will do the same 🙂

• 2minutos April 4, 2014 at 5:32 am

Wow, you look fab!!! Love your hair!!!

• Anna Pernice April 4, 2014 at 7:56 am

wow! I think it was a great experience!
    I'm a your new follower! Please follow me back on gfc , bloglovin and facebook!
    Travel and Fashion Tips

• BHMVProductions April 4, 2014 at 8:23 am

Lovely post, your outfit is amazing!

• Fabiola Tinelli April 4, 2014 at 9:42 am

Great event, you look fabulous!

• mysecretfashionpoison April 4, 2014 at 10:04 am

You was amazing, great style, I love your dress!

Viky — MySecretFashionPoison

• Francy -Stef April 5, 2014 at 9:29 am

Gorgeou event!!! We folow you with gfc, bloglobin, facebook, instagram and bloglovin! It's your turn now! 🙂
    Chic With The Least
    Also on Facebook , Bloglovin’, Instagram and What I Wear

• chatains April 5, 2014 at 9:56 pm

You look awesome! You are very beautiful! I love this post 😉

• karmen perez April 7, 2014 at 7:43 am

Reneta Hello! Thanks for your comment on my blog I'm here, I thank you a sky!
    From today you have a new follower; I loved your blog, I think you have a great style and finesse when combining a look! This entry charm me, vogue is one of my favorite magazine, it's lucky you could attend this beautiful event! Congratulations! Soon!
    A besi!

• saralookbook · Theprettythings April 7, 2014 at 8:13 am

your dress is perfect ! keep in touch ! ;D

• Rizuna Swon April 8, 2014 at 3:22 am

Ugh! You're so lucky girl. I wanted to attend such a talk by Alexa Chung since forever 😮 I'm sooo definitely jealous.
    Thanks for stopping by bythe way. I'm following you now on GFC, Bloglovin' and Instagram. Can we be friends by following me back?

Take care,
    Rizuna from 100% Nerd

• Anhy April 8, 2014 at 6:15 pm

WOW looks like an awsome event! I really love your hair <3

Thank you for your comment, I follow you on GFC and bloglovin, hope you follow back ^.^

• Boonya R April 13, 2014 at 12:20 am

Awwhh Renata, looks like you had an awesome time there! You look absolutely gorgeous, I love everything from the dress, hair and make-up! Have a lovely weekend gorgeous lady. Hopefully I can meet you at the next Vogue Festival! 😉

Boonya of the arty wardrobe

No images found!
    Try some other hashtag or username

4 days ago by renetakanevska Afternoons. ☕️ Today’s  #homeoffice
      5 days ago by renetakanevska Stripes & Reeboks See more - link in bio. P.s. Победителят от играта с PANDORA е в стори. ↖️
      6 days ago by renetakanevska Weekend Essentials This dress is my current favourite piece from Zara & I am planning to style an outfit with it soon. The sun is out and we are heading for a weekend lunch out. Have a lovely day! ❤️
      1 week ago by renetakanevska  @Reebok  in Copper Удобна & модерна маратонка. Виж как я комбинирах аз ☺️ - кликни линка в сторито. ↗️ Налични в Reebok Сердика център София и Гранд Мол Варна и онлайн.  @reebokbg
      2 weeks ago by renetakanevska ❤️ ИГРА ❤️Тази сребърна гривна ‘Влюбване’ и талисманът ‘Отвори сърцето си’ от Rose Gold колекцията на PANDORA очакват една прекрасна дама! ✨ ⭐ За да участваш:
      3 weeks ago by renetakanevska M O R N I N G I love the smell of coffee, roses & new beginnings. ☕️ #beautifulstarttotheday
      3 weeks ago by renetakanevska Good morning Start your day with a look ahead and make plans with purpose.  #officedecor  ▶️ LOVE10 for 10% off  @remindart
      3 weeks ago by renetakanevska A good concealer always works its magic! See how & why I use my new one from  @esteelauder  - link in bio. ↗️  #ad
      3 weeks ago by renetakanevska A little beauty note from me on my blog. ↗️  #DoubleWearorNothing   @esteelauder  За всички, които обичат продукта или искат да го изпробват - Double Wear Stay-in-Place на ексклузивната цена от 46лв. вместо 86лв. Само от 15.02.2018г. до 28.02.2018г.
    • Today is a gift
      4 weeks ago by renetakanevska Today is a gift.
    • I am here with a desire to create
      4 weeks ago by renetakanevska I am here with a desire to create